Last Updated: as of 14 July 2023.
Lynn Shapiro Photography trading as Lynn Shapiro Photography (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. Please read this policy carefully as it sets out how We collect your personal data when you visit Our website www.lynnshapiro.co (the “Service” or “Site”), how We may use it and what your rights are in relation to Our use of that personal data.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
It is important that the personal data We hold about you is accurate and current. If any of your personal data changes during your relationship with Us, please let Us know.
This Site is not intended for children and We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The information We may collect about you may include the following types of data:
● Identity and Contact Data includes first name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
● Financial and Transaction Data includes bank account and payment card details when you make a purchase and any other details about products and services you’ve purchased from Us;
● Usage and Technical Data includes information about how you use Our Site, products and services, time and date of your visit, time spent on pages on Our Site along with internet protocol (IP) address, any login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site;
● Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and Our third parties and your communication preferences, your interests, feedback and survey responses;
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do We collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect personal information from you when you:
● purchase any of Our products or services;
● create an account on Our Site;
● subscribe to Our service or publications including signing up to Our newsletter or mailing list;
● request marketing to be sent to you;
● post on Our social media channels, blog or Site;
● enter a competition, promotion or survey;
● work with Us in a commercial capacity;
● accept cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with Us; or
● give Us feedback or contact Us via Our Site, social media channels by email or phone.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our legal basis for collecting, using and storing personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one of the following:
Consent - We may ask for your consent to use your personal information, for example if We are using your personal information for marketing purposes to provide you with information about Our products and services you’ve asked to receive or We think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from any email that We’ve sent you or by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legitimate Interest - This includes providing and maintaining Our products and/or services, providing customer support and detecting, preventing and investigating technical issues;
Performance of a Contract - We may process personal information to perform Our obligations under a contract with you for example using payment information to complete a purchase from Our Site;
5. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
6. MARKETING EMAILS
Third Party Marketing and Opting-Out
We’ll get your express opt-in consent before We share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask Us or the third party to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out or unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting Us at any time at email@example.com
7. THIRD PARTY ACCESS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate Our Service, to provide the Service on Our behalf, to perform Service related services or to assist Us in analysing how Our Service is used.
third party businesses who offer products or services you may be interested in, where you have expressly consented to your contact details being provided to that third party; business platforms to host online courses, including Kajabi;
our employees, contractors and/or related entities; our existing or potential agents or business partners; sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred; credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you; courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of the United Kingdom and third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics and Hotjar Records.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES FROM OUR SITE
10. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where We need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract We have with you, and you fail to provide that data when asked, We may not be able to perform the contract We have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). If that happens, We may have to cancel a product or service you have with Us but We’ll notify you if that’s the case, at that time.
The security of your personal data is important to Us and we take reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.